Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing –Online Program
Offered by: Brandman University
College credits: 120
Course length: 8 Weeks
NEXT COURSE STARTS ON Apr 30, 2018
The Bachelor in Business Administration in Marketing can open the doors to the future you envision. Technology and globalization have drastically changed the ways businesses reach out to and communicate with consumers. To help navigate through the world of smartphone technology, social media, and unique branding opportunities, businesses rely heavily on marketing professionals. Brandman University’s bachelor’s degree in Business Administration in Marketing prepares students for new and continued professional opportunities in today’s dynamic, global business environment through innovative and career-relevant curriculum. Available fully online or on-campus with integrated online components, the Bachelor of Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing introduces students to principles of consumer behavior, research, international marketing, advertising and promotion strategy, and new product development. These areas of expertise give graduates competitive advantages over other candidates pursuing careers in this fast-growing field.
In addition to courses that delve into the technological and psychological aspects of marketing, students learn to analyze industry trends in order to determine and implement successful marketing strategies. They will develop valuable organizational, interpersonal, and decision-making skills while they learn to effectively communicate their creative visions. Brandman’s Bachelor's in Business Administration in Marketing combines both theory and practice to ensure that students will maximize their professional potential after graduation.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Communication: Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills in organizational and professional settings.
- Ethics: Identify and evaluate ethical issues and formulate a defensible resolution in business environments.
- Global: Apply cultural differences, diversity issues, and business functions and processes, in domestic and global settings.
- Technology: Apply technology to support decision making in businesses; leadership.
- Business Functions/Processes: Interpret and implement business functions and processes.
View syllabus / course list
You will take classes such as:
- ACCU 201 Principles of Accounting I
- ACCU 202 Principles of Accounting II
- ACCU 360 Financial Statement Analysis
- COMU 410 Organizational Communication
- CSCU 200 Introduction to Computers and Data Processing
- ECNU 201 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECNU 202 Principles of Microeconomics
- FINU 305 Business Finance
- MATU 203 Introduction to Statistics
- MGTU 301 Principles of Management
- MGTU 310 Legal Environment of Business
- MGTU 400 Global Environment of Business
- MGTU 315 Operations Management
- MKTU 301 Principles of Marketing
- MKTU 310 Marketing Research
- MKTU 320 Consumer Behavior
- MKTU 410 International Marketing
- MKTU 420 Marketing Strategy
- MKTU 430 New Product Development
- MKTU 440 Advertising and Promotion Strategy
- OLCU 350 Leadership and Professional Ethics
- OLCU 425 Leadership in Diverse and Multicultural Organizations
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
Guild students may pay as little as 10% of the published course or program cost to earn their bachelor's degree when taking advantage of:
- Federal Pell Grants, with up to $5,920 per year in grant aid
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer
- The $2,500 American Opportunity Tax Credit
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs
If you are an Active Duty Servicemember or Veteran, talk to our accredited partners about your eligibility for additional tuition benefits.
- Brandman University’s courses are offered on a trimester system, with two 8-week sessions offered each trimester.
- Brandman University offers a variety of start dates and flexible schedules.
- Enroll in one or two classes at a time, starting every eight weeks.
- Take your classes online, with flexibility to balance work, school, family, and personal life.
- Gain knowledge and skills that are career-relevant and can be applied tomorrow.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I attend Brandman University?
Founded as part of the prestigious Chapman University system in 1958, Brandman University blends a legacy of academic excellence with innovative curriculum and strong support services designed for students with busy schedules. A leader in developing the most effective adult learning formats, Brandman's academic programs deliver a high quality, traditional university education through a career-oriented curriculum offering convenient class times, accomplished instructors, individualized support services, and innovative teaching environments. Brandman's mission is to provide students with a dynamic education based on excellence and flexibility that creates lasting value and relevance for evolving careers.
What is the application process like?
Your advisor will be in contact throughout the application process to help you complete the application as well as answer any questions you may have. In the meantime, here is a general outline of what to expect for most offerings:
- Apply to this offering
- Complete the SmarterMeasure assessment related to your online learning style
- Send Guild your unofficial transcripts
- Submit your official transcripts to Brandman
- Apply for financial aid
- McCann’s Assessment for math and/or reading level (if necessary)
What does it mean that my degree is offered in partnership with Brandman University and Guild Education?
Here at Guild, we strive to offer excellent education that is flexible and affordably priced. We partner with universities and institutions that do the same. With this partnership, you will enroll as a Brandman University student, with the support of a Guild coach, as you navigate balancing work and school in pursuit of your degree.
What is Academic Fresh Start?
Academic Fresh Start is provided for undergraduate students who believe that their historical academic performance is not reflective of their current demonstrated ability to be successful. Undergraduate students applying for admission to Brandman University through Academic Fresh Start may elect to have all academic coursework, completed at any institution of higher education 10 or more years prior to the time of application, ignored for admission purposes. Once admitted under academic fresh start, the student may not receive course credit for any courses taken 10 or more years prior to admission to Brandman University.
Tell me more about Guild Education.
Guild Education partners with employers to offer a variety of online classes, programs, and degrees from top-ranked universities that you can complete while working.
You will get support from a Guild advisor, who will help you find the right program, navigate the financial aid process, and provide you with personal college and career advising to help you navigate the college process from day one to graduation.
To give employees a variety of options, Guild partners with a consortium of universities and learning providers, including Brandman University, Western Governors University, Bellevue University, and StraighterLine, in addition to offering custom content.
Benefits of partnering with Guild include:
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
What are Guild's guiding principles?
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.