Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies –Online Program
Offered by: Bellevue University
College credits: 127
Course length: 12 Weeks
NEXT COURSE STARTS ON Jun 4, 2018
The Bellevue University Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies provides a firm foundation for careers requiring strong communication skills. As the world of professional communications becomes more complex, there is increasing need for people with communications expertise. This challenging and exciting field is a fit for people who are interested in careers in public relations, corporate communications, customer relations, social media, public affairs, events, journalism, training, or technical communications. Central to the communication discipline is the understanding and application of theory required for effective oral and written discourse. Bellevue University's online degree in Communication Studies will prepare you with professional knowledge and the essential communication skills necessary for success.
CurriculumView syllabus / course list
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
Guild students may pay as little as 10% of the published course or program cost to earn their bachelor's degree when taking advantage of:
- Federal Pell Grants, with up to $5,920 per year in grant aid
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer
- The $2,500 American Opportunity Tax Credit
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs
If you are an Active Duty Servicemember or Veteran, talk to our accredited partners about your eligibility for additional tuition benefits.
ScheduleView syllabus / course list
Frequently Asked Questions
Tell me more about Bellevue University:
Founded in 1966, Bellevue University is a private, non-profit, regionally accredited institution with a beautiful 46-acre main campus in Bellevue, Nebraska. Both online and in-campus, Bellevue University has graduated over 48,000 students and serves nearly 10,000 students annually at a total of 15 campus locations in four states—and everywhere online.
What is the application process like?
Your advisor will be in contact throughout the application process to help you complete the application as well as answer any questions you may have. In the meantime, here is a general outline of what to expect for most offerings:
- Apply to this offering
- Complete the SmarterMeasure assessment related to your online learning style
- Send Guild your unofficial transcripts
- Submit your official transcripts to Bellevue
- Apply for financial aid
When can I start?
Speak with a Guild admissions advisor about upcoming start dates.
Who attends Bellevue University?
Bellevue University attracts a broad base of students, creating a diversity that deepens the student experience and perspective. Undergraduate and graduate populations are made up of roughly half men and women, with ages ranging from 18 to 65 with many students falling into the 25 to 34 year-old age range. Students online represent all 50 states and the District of Columbia. International students from countries across at least seven regions of the globe attend the university either on campus or online. Between 1,000 to 2,000 military service members per year enroll in Bellevue University programs.
Here are the top ten reasons to pursue your educational goals at Bellevue University:
- Flexible - Whether you prefer to study online or in-class, during the day or at night, earning a degree can fit into your busy life. Our faculty and student coach/advisors will work closely with you to help manage your real life challenges.
- Non-Profit - Bellevue University is a private, non-profit institution founded nearly 50 years ago. We are deeply committed to our mission of making higher education accessible so that regardless of circumstances, more people can achieve their hopes and dreams.
- Accredited - Bellevue University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission through the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation provides assurance that we are committed to standards of excellence, core values, and to working for the common good of society.
- Affordable - The combination of our generous credit transfers, reasonable tuition, and minimal fees make Bellevue University an affordable choice.
- Accelerated - Transferring your existing credits and selecting the program that's right for you eliminates unnecessary classes and helps ensure you can earn your degree as quickly as possible.
- Real World-Focused - Our degrees are designed to help you learn and apply real world professional knowledge, and master the essential skills employers seek. Choose from more than 70 degrees in fields that offer potential for job growth.
- Online - Online learning at Bellevue University is designed to be engaging, to help you become a confident professional through extensive faculty and peer-to-peer interaction.
- Supportive - Our dedicated team of faculty and staff will help you get on the path that's right for you and stay with you every step of the way as you earn your degree and achieve your goals.
- Military Friendly - Helping active duty military and veterans earn their degree has been core to our mission since our founding in 1966. With specific programs and support, such as our Military Veterans Service Center, we are ranked among the best in the nation for military students.
What does it mean that my degree is offered in partnership with Bellevue University and Guild Education?
Here at Guild, we strive to offer excellent education that is flexible and affordably priced. We partner with universities and institutions that do the same. With this partnership, you will enroll as a Bellevue University student, with the support of a Guild coach, as you navigate balancing work and school in pursuit of your degree.
Is Bellevue Accredited?
Bellevue University is regionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Why should I attend Bellevue?
At Bellevue University we are dedicated to helping ensure every hour of your time and every dollar is well spent, so that you can earn your degree quickly and efficiently.
How long is a Bellevue University class?
Bellevue’s classes range from 6 to 12 weeks long and students can take single classes at some points, allowing them to focus on one subject at a time while balancing work and school.
Tell me more about Guild Education.
Guild Education partners with employers to offer a variety of online classes, programs, and degrees from top-ranked universities that you can complete while working.
You will get support from a Guild advisor, who will help you find the right program, navigate the financial aid process, and provide you with personal college and career advising to help you navigate the college process from day one to graduation.
To give employees a variety of options, Guild partners with a consortium of universities and learning providers, including Brandman University, Western Governors University, Bellevue University, and StraighterLine, in addition to offering custom content.
Benefits of partnering with Guild include:
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
What are Guild's guiding principles?
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.