Master of Science in Human Resources –Online Program
Offered by: Brandman University
College credits: 36
Course length: 8 Weeks
The Master of Science program provides human resources practitioners and leaders with the knowledge, skills and tools needed to maximize employee engagement and address cultural, regulatory, and behavioral changes in a diverse workforce. The MS in Human Resources focuses on theoretical and practical application while examining the HR professional as a change agent and strategic partner within an organization. Through an interdisciplinary course of study, students will learn principles of strategic management, staffing, training and development compensation, conflict and negotiation, employee benefits and legal issues.
- Business Acumen: Apply an integrated and systems-oriented approach to Human Resources that aligns and supports business strategy.
- Globalization and Diversity: Assess the impact of globalization, multiculturalism, and multi-generational workforces on organizational policy, practices and performance.
- Workforce Planning: Design strategies to ensure workforce capabilities are aligned with organizational needs.
- Talent Management: Develop strategies to ensure workforce performance is continuously aligned with organizational needs.
- Strategic Leadership: Build strategic partnerships that address complex business needs and meet corporate social responsibility, ethical objectives, and legal considerations.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making: Evaluate business data to make effective strategic decisions that align with support business goals.
View syllabus / course list
You will take courses such as:
- OLCU 501 | Organizational Research
- HRCU 600 | Human Resource Foundations
- HRCU 602 | Strategic Business Concepts and Human Resources
- HRCU 603 | Globalization and Diversity
- HRCU 604 | Workforce Planning
- HRCU 605 | Talent Management
- HRCU 606 | Strategic and Legal Leadership
- OLCU 615 | Leading Organizational Change
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
With financial aid, Guild students may be eligible to pay a fraction of the published cost to advance their education.
Guild students may pay as little as 10% of the published course or program cost to earn their master's degree when taking advantage of:
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer.
- The $2,500 American Opportunity Tax Credit.
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs.
Active Military or Veteran? If so, talk to our accredited partners about your eligibility for additional tuition benefits.
- Brandman University’s courses are offered on a trimester system, with two 8-week sessions offered each trimester.
- Brandman University offers a variety of start dates and flexible schedules.
- Enroll in one or two classes at a time, starting every eight weeks.
- Take your classes online, with flexibility to balance work, school, family, and personal life.
- Gain knowledge and skills that are career-relevant and can be applied tomorrow.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I attend Brandman University?
Founded as part of the prestigious Chapman University system in 1958, Brandman University blends a legacy of academic excellence with innovative curriculum and strong support services designed for students with busy schedules. A leader in developing the most effective adult learning formats, Brandman's academic programs deliver a high quality, traditional university education through a career-oriented curriculum offering convenient class times, accomplished instructors, individualized support services, and innovative teaching environments. Brandman's mission is to provide students with a dynamic education based on excellence and flexibility that creates lasting value and relevance for evolving careers.
What is the application process like?
Your advisor will be in contact throughout the application process to help you complete the application as well as answer any questions you may have. In the meantime, here is a general outline of what to expect for most offerings:
- Apply to this offering
- Complete the SmarterMeasure assessment related to your online learning style
- Send Guild your unofficial transcripts
- Submit your official transcripts to Brandman
- Apply for financial aid
- McCann’s Assessment for math and/or reading level (if necessary)
What does it mean that my degree is offered in partnership with Brandman University and Guild Education?
Here at Guild, we strive to offer excellent education that is flexible and affordably priced. We partner with universities and institutions that do the same. With this partnership, you will enroll as a Brandman University student, with the support of a Guild coach, as you navigate balancing work and school in pursuit of your degree.
What is Academic Fresh Start?
Academic Fresh Start is provided for undergraduate students who believe that their historical academic performance is not reflective of their current demonstrated ability to be successful. Undergraduate students applying for admission to Brandman University through Academic Fresh Start may elect to have all academic coursework, completed at any institution of higher education 10 or more years prior to the time of application, ignored for admission purposes. Once admitted under academic fresh start, the student may not receive course credit for any courses taken 10 or more years prior to admission to Brandman University.
Tell me more about Guild Education.
Guild Education partners with employers to offer a variety of online classes, programs, and degrees from top-ranked universities that you can complete while working.
You will get support from a Guild advisor, who will help you find the right program, navigate the financial aid process, and provide you with personal college and career advising to help you navigate the college process from day one to graduation.
To give employees a variety of options, Guild partners with a consortium of universities and learning providers, including Brandman University, Western Governors University, Bellevue University, and StraighterLine, in addition to offering custom content.
Benefits of partnering with Guild include:
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
What are Guild's guiding principles?
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.