Brandman MyPath Bachelor of Business Administration –Online Program
Offered by: Brandman University
College credits: Approx. 60 Competencies
Course length: 6-month terms
The Brandman MyPath Bachelor of Business Administration is an innovative way to obtain your bachelor’s degree by learning one skill area, or “competency”, at a time.
You will focus on demonstrating what you know, as quickly as you learn and know it, unlike traditional class settings where you are measured by how long you spend in class. Move through content at your own pace, on your own time.
What degree can I earn through MyPath?
Through MyPath you will earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from Brandman University in one of four concentrations:
- Management and Organizational Leadership
- Information Systems Management
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics
How does a MyPath degree program work?
Unlike traditional degree programs where terms are usually semester-based, with the Brandman MyPath BBA, you will enroll in 6-month terms, where you will complete competencies as quickly as you’d like.
To complete your degree, you will progress through three parts:
- General education curriculum in which you learn basic concepts from a variety of fields.
- Business core material that represents the Brandman BBA learning outcomes of accounting, economics and finance, business law and ethics, strategy, information technology, management, leadership, and marketing.
- Emphasis or concentration of your choice, like Management and Organizational Leadership or Supply Chain Management and Logistics
Am I a good fit for MyPath?
Brandman MyPath is the right program if you:
- Are a motivated learner that wants to dictate the pace of your learning
- Have prior work experience that could apply to certain subjects. For example, a store manager without formal coursework may be able to move at a faster pace through the accounting and supply planning competencies because they already know the material
- Prefer to work in a self-directed environment at your own pace with no set due dates
View syllabus / course list
As part of the Brandman MyPath program, students will complete competencies related to the following areas:
General Education Core Competencies:
General Education Core Competencies:
- Information Literacy
- Natural Sciences
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Social Sciences
Business Core Competencies:
- Accounting, Economics and Finance
- Business Law and Ethics
- Business Strategy
- Information Technology
- Management and Leadership
- Supply Chain/Operations Management
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
Guild students may pay as little as 10% of the published course or program cost to earn their bachelor's degree when taking advantage of:
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer
- The $2,500 American Opportunity Tax Credit
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs
If you are an Active Duty Servicemember or Veteran, talk to our accredited partners about your eligibility for additional tuition benefits.
- The Brandman MyPath BBA is a competency-based education program, meaning students can progress through the program at their own pace.
- Students enroll in 6-months terms, during which they can complete as many competencies as they want.
- Enrollment is open every month!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Competency-Based Education?
Competency-based education (CBE) programs are designed to allow students to progress through their degree program by demonstrating mastery of academic content. Unlike a traditional degree program, where a student is measured by the amount of time they spend in class (credit hours), CBE programs like MyPath allow students to complete competencies and move through the program as quickly as they like.
Will my previous college work transfer?
All of your prior college work will be evaluated to see if you have already mastered some of the competencies within the Brandman MyPath program. If you have completed the equivalent courses with a B- grade or higher from a regionally accredited university, you may be given credit for mastering these competencies before you even begin Brandman MyPath. After submitting all of your application materials (including your transcripts), you will meet with your academic coach. During this meeting, your coach will review your prior coursework and make you aware of any competencies that you have already mastered.Even if you have not met all of the requirements to master a competency before starting, your prior experiences, both in the classroom and in the workplace may have put you in a position to excel at an even faster rate.
How quickly can I complete my degree?
This is entirely up to you and the amount of time that you have to devote to your studies. Completing a bachelor’s degree isn’t easy and it will take time and effort to be successful. However with Brandman MyPath, class is always in session. If you set goals and put time aside to work on your competencies, you can complete the program much more quickly than in a traditional setting. The key to Brandman MyPath is that you are not waiting for the next class or the next semester or the next subject. Your entire program is in your hands. Your time to degree is directly proportional to the time and effort that you put into your Brandman MyPath studies!
Why should I attend Brandman University?
Founded as part of the prestigious Chapman University system in 1958, Brandman University blends a legacy of academic excellence with innovative curriculum and strong support services designed for students with busy schedules. A leader in developing the most effective adult learning formats, Brandman's academic programs deliver a high quality, traditional university education through a career-oriented curriculum offering convenient class times, accomplished instructors, individualized support services, and innovative teaching environments. Brandman's mission is to provide students with a dynamic education based on excellence and flexibility that creates lasting value and relevance for evolving careers.
What is the application process like?
Your advisor will be in contact throughout the application process to help you complete the application as well as answer any questions you may have. In the meantime, here is a general outline of what to expect for most offerings:
- Apply to this offering
- Complete the SmarterMeasure assessment related to your online learning style
- Send Guild your unofficial transcripts
- Submit your official transcripts to Brandman
- Apply for financial aid
- McCann’s Assessment for math and/or reading level (if necessary)
What does it mean that my degree is offered in partnership with Brandman University and Guild Education?
Here at Guild, we strive to offer excellent education that is flexible and affordably priced. We partner with universities and institutions that do the same. With this partnership, you will enroll as a Brandman University student, with the support of a Guild coach, as you navigate balancing work and school in pursuit of your degree.
What is Academic Fresh Start?
Academic Fresh Start is provided for undergraduate students who believe that their historical academic performance is not reflective of their current demonstrated ability to be successful. Undergraduate students applying for admission to Brandman University through Academic Fresh Start may elect to have all academic coursework, completed at any institution of higher education 10 or more years prior to the time of application, ignored for admission purposes. Once admitted under academic fresh start, the student may not receive course credit for any courses taken 10 or more years prior to admission to Brandman University.
Tell me more about Guild Education.
Guild Education partners with employers to offer a variety of online classes, programs, and degrees from top-ranked universities that you can complete while working.
You will get support from a Guild advisor, who will help you find the right program, navigate the financial aid process, and provide you with personal college and career advising to help you navigate the college process from day one to graduation.
To give employees a variety of options, Guild partners with a consortium of universities and learning providers, including Brandman University, Western Governors University, Bellevue University, and StraighterLine, in addition to offering custom content.
Benefits of partnering with Guild include:
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
What are Guild's guiding principles?
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.