NEXT COURSE STARTS ON Mar 19, 2018
You will grapple with a simple, but critical question throughout the course - why do people follow you? You will spend time reflecting on how you already inspire, motivate and influence others towards organizational success, and will identify opportunities to enhance your ability to do so. Through a community of engaging peers, all of whom bring their own unique views on leadership and management, through interactions with your current team at work, and through individualized coaching with your instructor, you will leave the course equipped with a more fleshed out answer on why people will follow you.
- The first goal is to provide you with the theory, research and conceptual frameworks for understanding the best practices of modern management and leadership.
- The second objective is to provide opportunities and tools for analysis and reflection on your personal model of leadership.
- The third objective is to support you in developing and practicing the practical skills of leading people through interactions with your own team, your classmates, and your instructor.
By the end of this Leadership for Advanced Managers program, you will have seen, examined and practiced leadership skills through many different lenses, with the ability to:
- Explore, identify, and discuss the key concepts, qualities, strategies, and skills needed to be a successful leader in your context.
- Strengthen and refine your own leadership skill-set through role-play, improv, practice activities, and feedback opportunities with your peers, team and coach.
- Reflect on your current experience in leadership, your strengths and weaknesses, and identify personalized goals for continued growth.
- Deepen your understanding of the complexity of leadership overall and how managers greatly impact an organization’s overall work culture.
- Design a plan for continuing to develop your leadership skills, and explore multiple resources available to help you into the future.
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
With financial aid, Guild students may be eligible to pay a fraction of the published cost to advance their education.
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer.
- The $2,500 American Opportunity Tax Credit and/or $2000 Lifetime Learning Credit.
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs.
Guild's courses are designed to support the needs of working adults.
There are 3 themes to the course: Knowing Yourself | Building Relationships | Driving Towards Results. Each theme is 4 weeks long - 3 weeks of live sessions and 1 week of individualized coaching sessions with your instructor.
The Lifelong Learning Credit (up to $2000) and the American Opportunity Tax Credit* (up to $2500) are both available annually to U.S. students.
Guild negotiates reduced tuition with partner colleges and programs, giving you affordable options from the start.
Guild works with your employer to offer corporate tuition assistance to qualified employees.
Guild is committed to reduce the cost of higher education for hard-working adults. We'll help make an affordable path to move your education forward.
* The American Opportunity Tax Credit is only available for eligible students in undergrad or master's degree programs. All other funding categories are available for all eligible students. Please check with your individual employer to verify your eligibility.
Guild is designed for working adults. With 100% online classes, you work and study when it’s most convenient for you.
Your team is here to support you through admissions, the financial aid process, and each of your classes
"My General Manager says that he's seen a lot of development and changes in how I manage... I would recommend this 10/10 to anyone."
Shania | Service Manager | Chipotle
Student in Guild's Management Training Program, starting her degree at CSU Global in 2017
"I want to graduate with a Bachelor's in Special Education before my oldest daughter graduates high school in 2020! My kids are my support and they think that mom going back to school is amazing!"
Chavonne | Paraprofessional | Denver Public Schools
B.A. in Special Education (K-12) at Western Governors University
"Guild’s programs and services are practical and transformative. I am very thankful for Guild's on-going support and advice."
Guild class alumna
San Jose, California
Frequently Asked Questions
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.