English Language Program Placement Application –Online Program
Offered by: Guild Education
Course length: Varies depending on program
NEXT COURSE STARTS ON Apr 23, 2018
Here are the current courses in the English Language Program:
- English Language and Technology: a 6-week introductory course focused on building confidence speaking and writing in English while learning how to use an online classroom.
- Basic English for Everyday Interactions: a 6-week course designed to improve English skills for everyday communication. You will apply the grammar and vocabulary necessary to hold conversations at work, shopping, at the bank, using government services, and other common situations.
- Introduction to English for Hospitality Employees: the first of two courses focused specifically on English for the workplace. In this 6-week class, you will strengthen speaking, pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary related to interviewing, training, email and phone communication, and other workplace topics.
- Intermediate English for Managers in Hospitality: this 6-week course is a deeper look at English for the workplace. You will focus on writing memos, dealing with difficult customer interactions, talking about schedules, coaching, training, interviewing, and explaining a process in the form of a process essay.
- Advanced Writing for English Language Learners: This 8-week course focuses specifically on English for academic purposes. Through this course, you will explore more advanced grammar, vocabulary, and writing skills in preparation for classes such as the GED or TOEFL
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer.
- The $2,500 American Opportunity Tax Credit and/or $2,000 Lifetime Learning Credit.
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs.
*Required: Access to video camera on computer, smartphone or tablet for live sessions
Frequently Asked Questions
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.