Advanced Coursework: Digital Product Management Micromasters powered by edX –Online Program
Offered by: Boston University
College credits: N/A
Course length: 31 weeks
NEXT COURSE STARTS ON May 22, 2018
About this Program
Product Manager is one of the hottest positions in the emerging digital economy.
- Creating product roadmaps
- Taking products from initial concept through user research, co-creation, and rapid prototyping
- Agile and lean management practices for creating software and digital products
- Social media and market testing methods
- Applying perspective from best practices in platform based strategies.
- The average salary for Digital/Software Product Managers is $106,166. (Source: Burning Glass )
- Career prospects include roles such as Product Manager, Product Life Cycle Manager, Marketing Manager, Product Line Manager, Innovation Team Lead, Entrepreneur, Director for Products, Business Development, Business Strategist
- Understand the principles and processes for developing product roadmaps
- Tools and methods for generating and validating user needs, ideas, co-creation and mapping the findings into product and market requirements and positioning documents
- Techniques for oversight of agile development, rapid prototyping, experimentation and risk management with object oriented development, data and analytics based tools sets
- Techniques for planning, oversight and launch of products and software, including tracking and system level optimization of social media metrics
- Life cycle management of products and services including versioning and pricing
- Techniques for communicating and championing the product benefits to internal (C-Level Managers and sales teams) and external audiences (key customers)
- Understand the variations in the product management practices across different organizations and emergent digital markets
- Alternative ways to drive digital business innovation in your company
- Product Management with Lean, Agile and System Design Thinking
- Platform Strategy for Business
- Social Media Marketing
- Designing for Experimentation to Enhance Digital Business Innovation
- Business Analytics for Data-Driven Decision Making
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
With tuition assistance, Guild students may be eligible to pay a fraction of the published cost to advance their education.
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.