Advanced Coursework: Cybersecurity Micromasters powered by edX –Online Program
Offered by: Rochester Institute of Technology
College credits: N/A
Course length: 8 weeks per course
NEXT COURSE STARTS ON Jun 5, 2018
Gain the essential knowledge and expertise in network security and forensics needed for cybersecurity in enterprise environments.
- Fundamentals of networks;
- Systems administration;
- How to protect computer networks and other systems by mitigating vulnerabilities and monitoring intrusions;
- How to perform digital forensic analysis of cybercrime by gathering information on the nature and extent of the attack for presentation in a court of law, as well as assessing the extent of the damage to an organization;
- Techniques of risk analysis;
- Risk assessment and vulnerability assessment.
What You'll Learn:
- How to setup and secure basic computer systems and networks
- Information security risk management framework and methodologies
- How to implement network security solutions and detect intrusions
- How to conduct a digital forensics investigation admissible to a court
- To practice cybersecurity skills in real world scenarios
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
With tuition assistance, Guild students may be eligible to pay a fraction of the published cost to advance their education.
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.