Advanced Coursework: Soft Skills Certificate powered by edX –Online Program
Offered by: Rochester Institute of Technology
College credits: N/A
Course length: 3 weeks per course
NEXT COURSE STARTS ON Jul 3, 2018
Soft skills are today's power skills. They are a blend of interpersonal, communication and social intelligence skills that are in high demand across all industries and jobs.
- Active listening, written and verbal communication in the workplace
- Leading, and working well with team members and peers
- Best practices for performing a strategic analysis of a problem in the workplace
- Crafting a message tailored to a particular audience
- Practical guidelines for speaking in front of groups successfully
- How to use visual elements to elevate your presentations
What You'll Learn:
- Enhance and tailor written, verbal and non-verbal communication to various workplace audiences, including managers, teammates and clients.
- Improve critical thinking and listening skills to respond to the needs of various constituents in workplace settings.
- Tools and strategies for engaging in successful business interactions.
- How to incorporate best practices for presentations, including how to use visuals to enhance your storytelling.
- Business Communication
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Critical Thinking & Problem-Solving
- Storytelling in the Workplace
- Public Speaking
- Visual Presentation
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
With tuition assistance, Guild students may be eligible to pay a fraction of the published cost to advance their education.
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.