Advanced Coursework: International Hospitality Management Micromasters powered by edX –Online Program
Offered by: Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Course length: 6 weeks per course
NEXT COURSE STARTS ON May 11, 2018
The International Hospitality Management MicroMasters Program focuses on developing your ability to manage high quality hospitality and tourism businesses around the world.
- There is a higher demand for hospitality and tourism professionals than the supply. The global employment number of Hospitality and tourism employees in 2015 is over 284 million.
- There are exciting career opportunities as Brand Manager, Consultant, Director of Human Resource, and Big Data Analyst in Hospitality and Tourism Industry.
"Over the years Dragon Hotel in Hangzhou China has been sending managerial staff to HK POLYU to study master level courses. It’s difficult for our staff to study and work at the same time. We are truly excited to learn that HK POLYU now offers a MicroMasters program that not only offers an innovative and flexible learning opportunity, but one that will help advance the next generation of professionals in the hospitality industry."— Eric Du , General Manager of The Dragon Hotel, Hangzhou, China
"The MicroMasters program in International Hospitality and Management is a perfect extension of HKPolyU SHTM vision and approach - a blend of the world's leading integrated teaching and research hotel plus advanced interactive technology to develop outstanding leaders for the tourism industry - broadcasting top-tier teaching to thousands or even millions students around the world."— Richard Hatter , General Manager of Hotel ICON
- Management skills in the international hospitality industry to prepare for advanced positions in hospitality and tourism.
- How to use segmentation to maximize revenue and appeal to the luxury market.
- Technology that can be used to optimize your success in the international hospitality business.
- Marketing strategies and tactics.
- Leadership skills and best practices for managing human resources.
- Luxury Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Technology and Innovation
- Managing Marketing in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- Managing Human Resources in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
With tuition assistance, Guild students may be eligible to pay a fraction of the published cost to advance their education.
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.