Bachelor of Science in Marketing –Online Program
Offered by: Wilmington University
College credits: 120
Course length: 7-15 Weeks
About the B.S. in Marketing
The Bachelor of Science degree program in Marketing is designed for students who desire to pursue any of the many careers in the field of marketing. The program includes a general overview of the following areas: consumer, service and business-to-business market planning, product development, consumer behavior, marketing research, integrated marketing communication (i.e., advertising, public relations, sales promotion and selling), physical distribution, social media marketing and global marketing.
Program of Study
The marketing degree program focuses on strategic, as well as tactical, marketing concepts. It integrates product, price, promotion and physical distribution throughout its courses. Offerings stress the use of modern techniques to investigate, analyze, and solve a wide variety of marketing needs within various environmental challenges and opportunities.
Cooperative Learning Experiences
Cooperative learning experiences (co-ops) are available in the Marketing program for BMK 320: Consumer Behavior and BMK 400: Social Media Marketing. Depending on the co-op experience available and the student’s course completion schedule, other courses such as BBM 301: Organizational Behavior may also be completed as co-ops. Elective courses may also be structured as co-ops. Each co-op experience is expected to last for two consecutive semesters and earn the student six credits toward their 120-credit degree.
To be eligible for the co-op the student must have completed 60 credits and have a minimum 2.5 GPA. The student must inform the Director of the Co-op program and the Marketing Program Chair one semester before they would like to begin a co-op assignment.
In addition to achieving the Wilmington University undergraduate graduation competencies given in the Academic Information section of this catalog, upon completion of the program, students will:
- Demonstrate effective information literacy and communication skills with valid and reliable research.
- Assess how various environmental and ethical challenges affect the marketing of products and services.
- Appraise the design, implementation, control, and evaluation functions relating to marketing.
- Evaluate the important role marketing plays in relation to meeting the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Use a variety of marketing concepts, theories, and tools on both an individual and team basis.
View syllabus / course list
You will take courses such as:
BBM 325 Intro to Business Analytics
BLA 303 Legal and Ethical Environment of Business
BMK 308 Global Marketing
BMK 320 Consumer Behavior
BMK 321 Marketing Research
BMK 400 Social Media Marketing
BMK 413 Marketing Management
BMK 470 Mobile Marketing
ECO 102 Economics II
MIS 320 Management Information Systems
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
With financial aid, Guild students attending Wilmington University may be eligible to pay a fraction of the published cost to advance their education. For example, Guild students may pay as little as 10% of the published course or program cost to earn their bachelor's degree when taking advantage of:
● Federal financial aid funds
● Tuition assistance benefits from your employer.
● The $2,500 American Opportunity Tax Credit.
● Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs.
Active Military or Veteran? If so, talk to your coach or Wilmington University about your eligibility for additional tuition benefits.
● WilmU’s online classes are primarily offered in 15-week and 7-week formats and you can start every other month.
● Take your classes online, with flexibility to balance work, school, family, and personal life.
● Gain knowledge and skills that are career-relevant and can be applied tomorrow.View syllabus / course list
Frequently Asked Questions
Tell me more about Guild Education.
Guild Education partners with employers to offer a variety of online classes, programs, and degrees from top-ranked universities that you can complete while working.
You will get support from a Guild advisor, who will help you find the right program, navigate the financial aid process, and provide you with personal college and career advising to help you navigate the college process from day one to graduation.
To give employees a variety of options, Guild partners with a consortium of universities and learning providers, including Brandman University, Western Governors University, Bellevue University, and StraighterLine, in addition to offering custom content.
Benefits of partnering with Guild include:
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
What are Guild's guiding principles?
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.