Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences to MSM or MBA Healthcare Administration Concentration Accelerated Option –Online Program
Offered by: Wilmington University
College credits: 120
Course length: 7-15 weeks
NEXT COURSE STARTS ON May 14, 2018
Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences to MSM or MBA Healthcare Administration Concentration Accelerated Option
This accelerated option provides the substitution of two specified courses from the HSC Bachelor of Science core curriculum for two specified courses that are shared within both the MSM and MBA Health Care Administration concentrations.
The courses permitted for this accelerated option are:
HCA 7720 Health Policy and Economics in place of POL 380 Health Care Policy and,
HCS 7740 Legal Aspects in Health Care in place of HSC 313 Ethical and Legal Issues in Healthcare
Eligibility criteria for this accelerated option includes:
- Successful completion of 90 undergraduate credits,
- Completion of all required 100 and 200 level courses,
- Completion of HSC 303; Professionalism in Health Sciences,
- GPA of 3.50 or higher
Courses taken at the graduate level will fulfill the requirements for both the HSC Bachelor of Science and the MSM/MBA programs.
The HSC to MSM/MBA Healthcare Administration Accelerated Option Intent Form is located in the HSC Student Handbook and in the College of Health Professions HSC Student Blackboard site. Upon approval from the appropriate MSM or MBA Program Chair, the student will be electronically notified of the decision by the HSC Program Chair. Students will seek advisement from the HSC Program Chair to ensure proper course selection.
*** Please note that students who wish admittance into the MBA Health Care Administration concentration may have additional course pre-requisites that must be completed prior to full admission into the program.
CurriculumView syllabus / course list
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
With financial aid, Guild students attending Wilmington University may be eligible to pay a fraction of the published cost to advance their education. For example, Guild students may pay as little as 10% of the published course or program cost to earn their bachelor's degree when taking advantage of:
● Federal financial aid funds (not available for all certificate programs)
● Tuition assistance benefits from your employer.
● The $2,500 American Opportunity Tax Credit.
● Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs.
Active Military or Veteran? If so, talk to your coach or Wilmington University about your eligibility for additional tuition benefits.
● WilmU’s online classes are primarily offered in 15-week and 7-week formats and you can start every other month.
● Take your classes online, with flexibility to balance work, school, family, and personal life.
● Gain knowledge and skills that are career-relevant and can be applied tomorrow.View syllabus / course list
Frequently Asked Questions
Tell me more about Guild Education.
Guild Education partners with employers to offer a variety of online classes, programs, and degrees from top-ranked universities that you can complete while working.
You will get support from a Guild advisor, who will help you find the right program, navigate the financial aid process, and provide you with personal college and career advising to help you navigate the college process from day one to graduation.
To give employees a variety of options, Guild partners with a consortium of universities and learning providers, including Brandman University, Western Governors University, Bellevue University, and StraighterLine, in addition to offering custom content.
Benefits of partnering with Guild include:
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
What are Guild's guiding principles?
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.