Advanced Coursework: Software Testing and Verification Micromasters powered by edX –Online Program
Offered by: University of Maryland University College
Course length: 8 weeks per course
NEXT COURSE STARTS ON Jun 4, 2018
Software touches just about everything in our world today. Today’s consumers expect intuitive and reliable technology, and in an increasingly crowded marketplace small missteps can trigger dissatisfaction and abandonment. Software testing addresses weaknesses in software development while building scalable development processes to ensure a best-in-class user experience. Learn the skills needed to excel as a Software Tester or Quality Assurance Engineer.
- It is estimated that there are 233,000 Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers and there will be 37,000 additional job openings for Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers (source: O*Net Online)
- Career prospects include software developer, software tester, quality assurance engineer
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer is ranked as one of the happiest jobs in America by Forbes (source: forbes.com)
"Our long-time partner UMUC has been a leader in a broad range of technology education programs. Students will benefit from their guidance in providing exposure to software testing methods in this MicroMasters program in Software Testing and Verification, and meet the demand for Software Testers and Software Quality Assurance Officers."— Gary Labovich , Executive Vice President for Booz Allen Hamilton’s Digital Solutions group
- Software testing essential techniques and concepts
- Develop different types of software test cases
- Document test cases and the results of executing the test
- Manage software defects
- Conduct formal software verification
- Software Testing Fundamentals
- Software Testing Management
- Formal Software Verification
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
ScheduleView syllabus / course list
Frequently Asked Questions
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.