Leading in the Digital Age powered by edX –Online Program
Offered by: Boston University
Course length: 6 weeks
NEXT COURSE STARTS ON Sep 6, 2018
The Digital Age is here. It is enabling the most comprehensive transformation of our work and personal life in history. The Digital Age promises a more prosperous and fulfilling life for everyone globally. But that promise is only as good as the capability of leaders at all levels of the organization to lead their units to success in a challenging and uncertain future.
Leading in the Digital Age develops five capabilities needed for success in the Digital Age:
- Leading Beyond the Edge of the leader’s unit, organization, geography, and formal authority, enabled by Digital Age tools, to provide innovative solutions to customers and other stakeholders.
- Building Deep Trust Relationships: In the Digital Age, trust replaces formal authority as the basis for leadership.
- Forming and Leading Virtual Teams: The Digital Age relentlessly shrinks time space. Properly formed and led, virtual teams turn this challenge into an advantage over traditional teams.
- Collaborating and Co-Creating the Future with customers and other stakeholders. Multi-organizational value networks formed from a portfolio of relationships are replacing single-company-owned, linear value chains. Leading in this new business model requires a “co-creation mindset.”
- Learning Dynamically: The only sustainable competitive advantage in the Digital Age is the capability to learn, adapt, implement, and learn as you go, faster and better than your competitors.
The edX - Guild Experience:
- Full access to course & content components for extended time - though expected duration of courses vary, all students will have access to content for three months to ensure you can fit the course into your busy life
- Credential upon completion of each course - credentials matter today, to help you stay current at work, learn a new skill, or expand your professional growth
- Network of peers - connect with colleagues around the country in an easy-to-use forum to engage in professional and academic topics
- Community coach - professional coach right at your fingertips. Interact with with a Master's degree coach who provides 1:1 and group coaching to help you stay on track
- Weekly events - webinars, study sessions and virtual group coaching to discuss student-driven topics
- Resource hub - videos, articles, tracking tools and content around relevant content like time management, leadership development and leveraging credentials at work
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.