Learn the different models and techniques that help cultivate a productive work culture across an organization of any size in any sector through the Organizational Development master’s degree concentration.
You’ll learn the history, challenges, and successes of organizational development (OD) and the different models and techniques to warrant a productive culture in a variety of organizational sizes, sectors, and types. You’ll establish a personal philosophy regarding change that will be examined through the context of analyzing organizational values and ethics, culture, and the human impact of change on employees.
You’ll learn to:
- Articulate and define organizational development, history of OD, and challenges and possibilities using OD
- Develop and defend a personal philosophy of organizational change
- Evaluate the impact of organizational culture and core values on OD interventions
- Assess, compare, and contrast different models of change and describe the impact of each model
- COMM 4020 - Communication in Professions and Organizations
- COMM 4045 - Applied Critical Thinking in Communication
- COMM 4050 - Communication and Society: Theories and Applications
- COMM 4905 - Graduate Social Research Methods
- COMM 4901 - Capstone Project
- COMM 4902 - Capstone Seminar
- COMM 4904 - Interdisciplinary Capstone Seminar
- COMM 4920 - Portfolio Capstone
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
With financial aid, Guild students may be eligible to pay a fraction of the published cost to advance their education.
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer
- The $2,500 American Opportunity Tax Credit
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs
- University of Denver courses are offered on a quarter system, with individual 10-week terms
- Enroll in one or two classes at a time, starting every 10 weeks.
- Take your classes entirely online, with flexibility to balance work, school, family, and personal life.
- Gain knowledge and skills that are career-relevant and can be applied tomorrow.
The Lifelong Learning Credit (up to $2000) and the American Opportunity Tax Credit* (up to $2500) are both available annually to U.S. students.
Guild negotiates reduced tuition with partner colleges and programs, giving you affordable options from the start.
Guild works with your employer to offer corporate tuition assistance to qualified employees.
Guild is committed to reduce the cost of higher education for hard-working adults. We'll help make an affordable path to move your education forward.
* The American Opportunity Tax Credit is only available for eligible students in undergrad or master's degree programs. All other funding categories are available for all eligible students. Please check with your individual employer to verify your eligibility.
Guild is designed for working adults. With 100% online classes, you work and study when it’s most convenient for you.
Your team is here to support you through admissions, the financial aid process, and each of your classes
"My General Manager says that he's seen a lot of development and changes in how I manage... I would recommend this 10/10 to anyone."
Shania | Service Manager | Chipotle
Student in Guild's Management Training Program, starting her degree at CSU Global in 2017
"I want to graduate with a Bachelor's in Special Education before my oldest daughter graduates high school in 2020! My kids are my support and they think that mom going back to school is amazing!"
Chavonne | Paraprofessional | Denver Public Schools
B.A. in Special Education (K-12) at Western Governors University
"Guild’s programs and services are practical and transformative. I am very thankful for Guild's on-going support and advice."
Guild class alumna
San Jose, California
Frequently Asked Questions
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.