Master of Science in Healthcare Leadership, Healthcare Policy and Regulatory Leadership –Online Program
Offered by: University of Denver
College credits: 48 Credit Hours
Course length: 10 Weeks
This concentration is designed for those who are passionate about developing long-term solutions to the healthcare challenges we face today. Learn skills required to shape, interpret, implement and evaluate policies and regulations that affect healthcare systems and the safety of patients. You will develop a robust understanding of healthcare systems, legislative procedures, and quality improvement as they relate to continuously evolving healthcare policy. You will learn how to:
- Compare varying healthcare systems domestically and internationally
- Navigate the legislative process
- Create effective and lasting healthcare public policy
- Manage change and innovation
- Ensure quality assurance through professional standards and accreditation
- Analyze policies, reform, and processes
- HC 4000 - Healthcare Systems and Regulatory Environments
- HC 4010 - HC Communication and Leadership
- HC 4220 - Ethical Considerations in Healthcare
- HC 4910 - Research Practices and Applications
- HC 4901 - Capstone Project
- HC 4902 - Capstone Seminar
- HC 4904 - Interdisciplinary Capstone Seminar
- HC 4200 - Comparative Healthcare Systems
- HC 4210 - Quality Improvement for HC Leaders
- HC 4225 - Healthcare Public Policy and the Legislative Process
- HC 4230 - Implementation and Evaluation of Healthcare Public Policy
Your academic advisor will help you select electives that align with your career and personal goals, and your advisor will obtain any necessary approvals from the academic director.
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
With financial aid, Guild students may be eligible to pay a fraction of the published cost to advance their education.
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer
- The $2,500 American Opportunity Tax Credit
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs
- University of Denver courses are offered on a quarter system, with individual 10-week terms
- Enroll in one or two classes at a time, starting every 10 weeks.
- Take your classes entirely online, with flexibility to balance work, school, family, and personal life.
- Gain knowledge and skills that are career-relevant and can be applied tomorrow.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.