Bachelor of Science in History –Online Program
Offered by: Bellevue University
College credits: 127
Course length: 10-12 week courses
The Bachelor of Science in History prepares professionals with a foundation in the study of Western Civilization. From ancient times to the technological revolution, explore movements that shaped our Western world. Interpreting history with an analytical approach, the history degree will help you develop skills in critical thinking and analysis. You will use communication skills to compare and defend various historical trends across time and geographical regions. You will examine different social and political interpretations of history using historical evidence, including concepts of gender, ethnicity and culture.
- Interpret analytical approaches used in the study of history.
- Assess and compare historical trends across temporal and regional areas of study.
- Differentiate and defend social and political interpretations of the past using historical evidence.
- Apply critical thinking to the application of historical analysis to current events.
- Analyze social concepts (i.e., gender, ethnicity, culture) across eras of historical study.
- HI 101 History of Western Civilization I (3 Credits)
- HI 102 History of Western Civilization II (3 Credits)
- HI 151 American History to 1877 (3 Credits)
- HI 152 American History from 1877 (3 Credits)
- HI 205 History of Nebraska (3 Credits)
- HI 323 Civil War and Reconstruction (3 Credits)
- HI 353 America Since 1945 (3 Credits)
- HI 375 The Second World War (3 Credits)
- HI 408 Foundations of Eastern Civilization (3 Credits)
- HI 411 Social and Political Movements in Western Civilizations (3 Credits)
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
With financial aid, Guild students may be eligible to pay a fraction of the published cost to advance their education.
- Federal Pell Grants, with up to $5,920 per year in grant aid
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer
- The $2,500 American Opportunity Tax Credit
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs
Frequently Asked Questions
- Apply to this offering
- Complete the SmarterMeasure assessment related to your online learning style
- Send Guild your unofficial transcripts
- Submit your official transcripts to Bellevue
- Apply for financial aid
- Flexible - Whether you prefer to study online or in-class, during the day or at night, earning a degree can fit into your busy life. Our faculty and student coach/advisors will work closely with you to help manage your real life challenges.
- Non-Profit - Bellevue University is a private, non-profit institution founded nearly 50 years ago. We are deeply committed to our mission of making higher education accessible so that regardless of circumstances, more people can achieve their hopes and dreams.
- Accredited - Bellevue University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission through the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation provides assurance that we are committed to standards of excellence, core values, and to working for the common good of society.
- Affordable - The combination of our generous credit transfers, reasonable tuition, and minimal fees make Bellevue University an affordable choice.
- Accelerated - Transferring your existing credits and selecting the program that's right for you eliminates unnecessary classes and helps ensure you can earn your degree as quickly as possible.
- Real World-Focused - Our degrees are designed to help you learn and apply real world professional knowledge, and master the essential skills employers seek. Choose from more than 70 degrees in fields that offer potential for job growth.
- Online - Online learning at Bellevue University is designed to be engaging, to help you become a confident professional through extensive faculty and peer-to-peer interaction.
- Supportive - Our dedicated team of faculty and staff will help you get on the path that's right for you and stay with you every step of the way as you earn your degree and achieve your goals.
- Military Friendly - Helping active duty military and veterans earn their degree has been core to our mission since our founding in 1966. With specific programs and support, such as our Military Veterans Service Center, we are ranked among the best in the nation for military students.
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.