Plumber Career Diploma –Online Program
Offered by: Penn Foster Career School
Course length: 6 - 10 months
NEXT COURSE STARTS ON Mar 30, 2018
Now’s your chance to develop your skills as a plumber with the Penn Foster Career School Plumber Training Program. Did you know that plumbing jobs are expected to increase 21% in the coming years?¹ Plumbers can be found working for a plumbing contractor, power plant, or water treatment center installing, repairing, and maintaining plumbing systems, or owning their own business.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Identify the skills needed to use plumbing tools on the common types of plumbing and piping systems, as well as the applicable codes, standards, and licensing procedures
- Know how to select and use the proper tools for various tasks, perform computations, interpret architectural drawings, disinfect water, use plumbing valves and meters, and differentiate the installation procedures for the types of heating systems
- Understand the basics of plumbing system design, calculating required pipe lengths and system dimensions, scheduling work, installing DWV and supply piping, system testing, and doing finish work
- Understand the equipment and methods for working with specialized plumbing systems, doing service work, and performing calculations
- Know how to remove old fixtures, choose and install new fixtures, and repair fixtures
- Understand the fundamentals of drawings and fluid-power diagrams and the assembly of piping and accessories
- Identify the local, state, and national codes required for compliance in the design, installation, and repair of plumbing systems
- Understand the construction industry: the trades that compose it, tasks performed, skills needed, and its safe work practices
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
With financial aid, Guild students may be eligible to pay a fraction of the published cost to advance their education.
Guild students may pay as little as 10% of the published cost of a course or program by taking advantage of:
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer.
- The $2,500 American Opportunity Tax Credit and/or $2000 Lifetime Learning Credit.
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs.
Guild's courses are designed to support the needs of working adults.
You can take this course online, at your own speed. In addition to your self-paced materials, you will also participate in live, virtual sessions for one hour each week with peers and an instructor. You will receive support from your personal coach and a lead instructor - both are committed to your success.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tell me more about Guild Education.
Guild Education partners with employers to offer a variety of online classes, programs, and degrees from top-ranked universities that you can complete while working.
You will get support from a Guild advisor, who will help you find the right program, navigate the financial aid process, and provide you with personal college and career advising to help you navigate the college process from day one to graduation.
To give employees a variety of options, Guild partners with a consortium of universities and learning providers, including Brandman University, Western Governors University, Bellevue University, and StraighterLine, in addition to offering custom content.
Benefits of partnering with Guild include:
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
What are Guild's guiding principles?
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.