Electrician Training Career Diploma –Online Program
Offered by: Ashworth College
Course length: 6 - 10 months
NEXT COURSE STARTS ON Mar 30, 2018
The Electrician Training program provides students with the theory and work practices necessary to pursue entry-level employment in the electrical trades. This program covers safety for electrical equipment installation and tool usage, basic electricity and AC current theory, and a wide range of installation procedures for both residential and commercial properties that are compliant with the requirements of the National Electrical Code (NEC). Students are also introduced to electrical practices commonly required in industrial manufacturing as well as advanced print reading and career development.
After completing the Electrician Training program, students will be able to:
- Describe the basic materials and tools used for standard residential electrical projects and describe how they are applied as part of the construction and home-repair process.
- Explain the importance of safe work practices and describe the safe use and application of electrical wiring and equipment.
- Identify the components and assembly configurations of basic and advanced wiring systems used in residential and light commercial/industrial applications.
- Outline the components and functions of brand, feeder, and service circuits and installations.
- Identify and describe the application and installation of standard electrical fixtures and electric-powered appliances.
- Outline the electrical installation of related building systems, such as communications, computer, and security wiring.
- Explain the basic concepts related to industrial systems and their installation, including transformers, PLCs, motors, motor controls, and the special equipment and installation required in hazardous locations.
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
With financial aid, Guild students may be eligible to pay a fraction of the published cost to advance their education.
Guild students may pay as little as 10% of the published cost of a course or program by taking advantage of:
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer.
- The $2,500 American Opportunity Tax Credit and/or $2000 Lifetime Learning Credit.
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs.
Guild's courses are designed to support the needs of working adults.
You can take this course online, at your own speed. In addition to your self-paced materials, you will also participate in live, virtual sessions for one hour each week with peers and an instructor. You will receive support from your personal coach and a lead instructor - both are committed to your success.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tell me more about Guild Education.
Guild Education partners with employers to offer a variety of online classes, programs, and degrees from top-ranked universities that you can complete while working.
You will get support from a Guild advisor, who will help you find the right program, navigate the financial aid process, and provide you with personal college and career advising to help you navigate the college process from day one to graduation.
To give employees a variety of options, Guild partners with a consortium of universities and learning providers, including Brandman University, Western Governors University, Bellevue University, and StraighterLine, in addition to offering custom content.
Benefits of partnering with Guild include:
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
What are Guild's guiding principles?
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.