Basic English for Everyday Interactions –Online Program
Offered by: Guild Education
Course length: 6 weeks, with a weekly, 1 hour live session
NEXT COURSE STARTS ON Apr 23, 2018
Note: This course is designed for students who already have some basic and beginning English.
By the end of this program, you will have:
- Strengthened your listening and speaking skills for everyday interactions with native English speakers.
- An increased understanding and application of vocabulary used at schools, shopping, banking, visiting the doctor, mailing packages at the post office or other government agencies.
- Practiced initiating and concluding conversations on the phone.
- Learned about American customs and etiquette.
Cost and Schedule
Guild provides reduced cost education for working adults. We’ll help you have an affordable path to move your education forward.
Many Guild students pay as little as 10% of the published cost of the course by taking advantage of:
- Tuition assistance benefits from your employer.
- The $2,500 American Opportunity Tax Credit and/or $2,000 Lifetime Learning Credit.
- Guild's tuition discount, and no out-of-state tuition costs.
Guild's courses are designed to support the needs of working adults.
*Required: Access to video camera on computer, smartphone or tablet for live sessions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Apply to this offering
- Contact your Admissions Advisor
- A path to finish your degree or take graduate courses, at little to no cost
- A personal college and career adviser to help you navigate programs and offerings
- Online classes that allow you to work at your own pace
- Relevant classes and programs designed to help you advance in your career
- Credit recognition for past college credits and corporate credits towards your degrees
- Students first: We're here to help you, and you come first in our world. In exchange, we expect you give your all and to support your fellow classmates.
- We learn best by doing: Experimentation, learning by doing, feedback and reflection lay at the core of every learning experience with Guild.
- Feedback makes us better, in fact, it’s a gift: Practice only makes perfect when we get feedback on how to improve.
- Reflection is a need-to-have, not a nice-to-have: Reflection allows us to digest the learnings and feedback we’ve received.
- Community matters: We’re all in this together and we expect all Guild members to appreciate the role we play in each other’s learning experience.