Effective Date: January 13, 2016
How We Collect Information
- On this website when you request information from us such as newsletters or other marketing materials.
- When you create an account or online registration, apply to one of our programs, or when you apply to one of our partnering educational institutions’ programs.
- Via e-mail, text or other electronic messages between you and Guild.
- Through your interaction with Guild on various social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- From third parties such as employers and educational institutions that partner with us to provide programs and services to you.
- In person directly from you at an event or other program, or when you interact with our customer support, marketing or sales teams via the phone.
The Categories of Information We Collect
The categories of Personal Information that we may collect from you or receive about you include, but are not limited to, the following: name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, age or date of birth, gender, race or ethnicity, driver’s license or state identification card number, username and password if you register or create an online account, academic history such as courses taken and/or completed, degrees earned, areas of study, and family college history, employment information including name of employer, employment status and promotions and employment history, interests, program application information, enrollment status and related information, course performance data, any information that may be designated “optional” at the time of submission, or other information that you may provide to us when sending comments or questions to us, or when otherwise communicating with us.
Personal Information does not include anonymous or aggregate data that does not allow a third party to identify a specific individual. We reserve the right to use anonymous or aggregate data for any purpose, including, but not limited to, improving the content and functionality of our website or the programs and services that we offer, for analyzing the use of our website, to track program outcomes, application and enrollment trends, and to track macro student success and performance. We may also disclose such anonymous or aggregate data to our partners or third-party service providers, excluding any Personal Information.
Cookies and Similar Technology
Most computers and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can use your browser to notify you each time a cookie is set or to block and delete cookies from your browser. Please note that if you block or delete cookies our website may not function properly. For more information about cookies you can visit All About Cookies, which includes additional information on how to block cookies using different types of browsers.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect from you or about you, including Personal Information, in the following ways:
- To provide our website and its content to you and to enhance our website users’ experience.
- To enable account creation and registration on our website.
- To process your application to one of our courses or programs and/or to facilitate your application to one of our partnering educational institutions’ courses or programs.
- To communicate with you about any courses or programs in which you are enrolled or were previously enrolled.
- To respond to your communications and to send you information that you request or agree to receive, including marketing communications relating to new programs, updates relating to existing programs, your application status, company news, or other related information.
- To offer student outreach programs and services.
- To notify you about changes to our website or practices, or any products or services we offer or provide through the website.
- To facilitate payment for a class or program through our designated third-party service provider.
- To improve website functionality, customer service and for other internal business purposes.
- To monitor the website for security purposes.
- To send you advertisements or other marketing materials via postal mail, email, telephone, text message, Facebook, Twitter or other social media outlets, at in-person events or by distributing materials on your job site, about programs or services that we think may be of interest to you if you have requested or agreed to receive such information, or where we are otherwise permitted by law to contact you for these purposes.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- Whenever we receive information, including Personal Information, from third parties such as partnering employers and educational institutions, we may supplement or combine this information with information that we collect about you through our website or through other means, in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you and to offer you products or services that may be of interest to you if you have requested or agreed to receive such information, or where we are otherwise permitted by law to contact you for these purposes.
How to Opt-Out of Future Marketing Communications
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mails or text messages, you may opt-out of future marketing emails and text messages by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every communication sent to you. If you would like to stop receiving phone calls, you may ask the representative calling you to stop at any time. If you would like to stop seeing our content on a social media channel, you may follow the relevant instructions and policies provided for that channel to opt-out of receiving our content. Please note that if you are enrolled in one of our programs or have an account registered on our website, we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your enrollment, your account or your use of our website, and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out of marketing communications.
How We Secure Your Information
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes, unless you opt-in or are offered the opportunity to opt-out and elect not to opt-out of such sharing at the time you provide your Personal Information. We may from time to time employ third parties to perform functions on our behalf such as operating or hosting our website, conducting our business, processing payment card transactions, managing our marketing communications, recruitment and/or admissions process, tracking student enrollment and student performance, or providing other services to you. We may share your Personal Information with such third parties, so long as those parties agree to keep your Personal Information confidential.
When you apply to a program offered by one of our partnering educational institutions, we may also transfer your Personal Information to such partnering institution where necessary to facilitate the admissions and enrollment process. We may also transfer limited Personal Information to your employer, as needed, to facilitate the enrollment process and to enable you to receive tuition reimbursement.
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your Personal Information in connection with the sale of all or a part of our business, a corporate merger or other restructuring. We may also disclose your Personal Information, usage information and device identifier (such as IP address) to third parties to comply with a legal obligation, to respond to a valid government or law enforcement request such as a warrant or subpoena, to enforce our website or other applicable policies, to respond to an emergency, or to protect the rights, property, safety or security of third parties, visitors to our website or the public. Unless prohibited by law or court order, or unless we determine in our discretion that notification is inappropriate under the circumstances, we will take reasonable steps to notify all affected users of the request for information or intended disclosure prior to disclosure.
Rights Under The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”)
Under certain circumstances, if you enroll in a program offered by one of our partnering educational institutions, the disclosure of certain Personal Information that you provide to us, and/or information that we may create or receive from our partnering educational institutions that pertains to you, may be protected under FERPA, if applicable. You may also have specific rights related to accessing and/or updating your Personal Information when FERPA applies. For more information related to the applicability of FERPA and your rights under it, please contact us at [email protected].
Children Under the Age of 13
Our website is not intended for or targeted toward children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you believe we may have inadvertently collected any Personal Information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at our notice address provided below.
Notice to California Residents
We only share your Personal Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes if you specifically opt-in or are offered the opportunity to opt-out and elect not to opt-out of such sharing at the time you provide your Personal Information. If you do not opt-in or you opt-out at that time, we do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Do Not Track Signals: Because there are not yet common, industry accepted “do not track” standards and systems, our website, like many others, may not respond to Do Not Track signals.
Links to Other Websites
This website is operated in the United States. If you are located in a jurisdiction outside of the United States, please be aware that the Personal Information we collect about you will be transferred to the United States. By using the website, or providing us with any Personal Information, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of your Personal Information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside.
Updating Your Personal Information
To access or update your Personal Information please contact us as specified below, or login to your account.